Why choose Luminary to implement Kontent by Kentico?
One of only four Kontent by Kentico Premium Partners worldwide, Luminary is a global leader in the implementation of Kontent and the premier Kontent by Kentico agency in Australia. Led by CTO and Kontent MVP Andy Thompson, Luminary’s development team directly supported Kentico in building the initial boilerplate for Kontent and continues to be involved in testing and refining the platform.
Luminary is home to the most experienced Kentico developers in Australia, across both Kontent by Kentico and Xperience by Kentico. One of Australia’s longest-standing independent digital agencies, Luminary’s longevity and depth of experience with Kentico has earned it a reputation as the agency of choice for many of the biggest names in the Australian government, retail and corporate sectors.
Our Kontent by Kentico expertise
Luminary has some of the most experienced headless CMS experts in the world, including Kontent by Kentico MVP Andy, and Emmanuel, the developer of the first Kontent powered website in the world!
What are the benefits of a headless CMS?
There are a number of key benefits to having the ability to separate content management from content delivery:
- Fast-tracks project timelines: With a traditional CMS, there is a high degree of dependency. In other words, one stage of the process cannot begin until another is complete. With a headless CMS, all members of the team can be working simultaneously, enabling speedier project delivery.
- Allows content to be managed from one location and delivered across multiple channels: A headless CMS eliminates the need to duplicate your content efforts for delivery across multiple channels. It provides a centralised source of content for distribution across a wide range of channels – including websites, mobile applications, touchscreens and a myriad of internet-enabled devices.
- Offers more design flexibility: With a headless CMS, you have the flexibility to create the presentation layer of your digital experience with any tools or programming language you like. So unlike Kentico Xperience, Kentico Kontent allows developers to branch out beyond the .NET framework (e.g. PHP, React.js or native apps).
What effect does a headless CMS have on your workflow?
By completely decoupling the CMS from your presentation layer - for example your website or mobile app - there is less stepping on toes, and teams can work concurrently far more effectively.
Kentico Kontent is Kentico’s Content as a Service (CaaS), or headless CMS offering. A headless (aka ‘decoupled’) CMS is one that allows you to separate the management of your content from the platform that displays it (e.g. website, app, in-store touch screen etc). A headless CMS gives you greater flexibility to create digital experiences beyond the web, and to embrace current and future omni-channel possibilities.
What sort of projects are suitable for Kontent by Kentico?
Kentico Kontent is best suited to projects with one or more of the following characteristics:
- Omni-channel content delivery: Kentico Kontent can provide excellent efficiency gains where content needs to be published across a number of channels – such as a website, mobile app and touch screens.
- Simple specifications: Kentico Kontent is a content management microservice. As such, its feature set is limited in comparison to Kentico CMS. This makes it most suited to projects with relatively simple specifications, for example content-oriented microsites or brochure sites that don’t require more complex features like e-commerce, marketing automation or member-only content access.
- A need for speed: Kentico Kontent’s speed to market makes it ideally suited to projects that need to launch quickly – for example campaign microsites.
- Design-driven: The flexibility to use any programming language to create a site or app removes technology restrictions and allows for the creation of a completely custom look and feel. This makes it particularly suitable for projects that are heavily design-driven, or governed by strict brand guidelines.
Curious to see if Kontent by Kentico is the right fit for your next project?
Get in touch to book in a quick demo.Contact Us