Adaptable and intuitive open source content management system
Umbraco is a full-featured, open source CMS with the power and flexibility to cater for startups right through to global brands. With more than 400,000 sites powered by Umbraco globally, it is one of the fastest-growing .NET Content Management Systems.
Umbraco is headquartered in Denmark but is supported by a network of more than 200,000 active users around the world who are consistently updating and improving the platform. Umbraco has been in operation as an open source CMS provider since 2004.
- No ongoing licence fee makes it cost effective
- A simple, intuitive user interface
- Multi-channel delivery – Umbraco can be used to deliver content on anything from websites to mobile apps, digital signage and IoT devices
- Design freedom – Umbraco can be used as a headless CMS, so you can use whatever front end code you like
- Inherent .NET MVC support enabling you to achieve very specific markup needs
- Supports agile processes to help you get your project live faster
- Umbraco’s full API for both front and back end allows for ease of integration with third party systems, including your CRM, e-commerce platform, personalisation engine and other on-premise legacy business systems
- Versioned content gives you an ‘infinite undo button’ allowing you to easily roll back to an earlier version
- Built-in image cropper ensures your images are presented correctly regardless of the device your visitor is using
- Form Builder allows you to build anything from a simple contact form to a complex questionnaire without any need for coding
- Allows you to easily control how your content will look on social media
- Semantic content lets you personalise the visitor experience using parameters such as location, interests, time or third party segmentation tools
- User management features allow you to control permissions and access for different role types
- Optional cloud hosting – with Microsoft Azure – means your site will automatically receive the latest bug fixes and security features (Microsoft Azure will also give you peace of mind, knowing that your site is running on the best infrastructure and backed by a reputable global company)
- Run and manage multiple websites from a single Umbraco installation
- In-built support for multi-lingual sites
Companies that trust Umbraco
Some of the world’s leading brands trust Umbraco, including:
Our Umbraco experts
With some of the most talented and passionate Umbraco practitioners among our team, Luminary is well placed to assist you in getting the most out of Umbraco.
As Technical Lead, Emmanuel works across a range of projects and provides leadership and mentoring to junior developers.
Senior Web Developer
Tony has a well-honed ability to analyse a client's business goals and challenges, and then translate them into innovative technical solutions.
Thai is like the Swiss Army Knife of developers - flexible, adaptable and always dependable.
Jess is a quiet-achieving developer with a penchant for perfection.
Senior Digital Producer
As a Senior Digital Producer, Catherine is renowned for her unwavering efficiency and razor-sharp attention to detail.