Fuso – part of Daimler Truck and Bus Australia – is one of the nation's largest truck manufacturers, with more than 40 dealers. Daimler has a rich history in Australia dating back to the 1970s, and has built a strong reputation for quality vehicles and reliable service support. Daimler offers a comprehensive range of vehicles across Fuso, Mercedes-Benz and Freightliner.
Fuso required a new website that would better represent its range of industry leading vehicles, including the new electric eCanter range. With such a large inventory of vehicle options, Fuso needed a site that would cater to the discerning fleet buyer, but also the first time small business owner who didn’t know where to start.
- A customer centric design approach
- Increase the quality, volume and ownership of sales enquiries
- Ensure that all technology and designs can be repurposed across the Daimler group of brands
What we did
The Luminary team delivered a greatly elevated online experience including:
- All new information architecture
- Range explorer (for first time buyers)
- Range based navigation (for fleet buyers)
- Smart filters like ‘drive on car licence’ or ‘built ready’
- Compare tools to better showcase subtle differences
- A new dealer locator for sales, service and parts
- A lead management system to ensure proprietary ownership of sales data.
Following the initial delivery for Fuso, all of the intellectual property was then rebranded and extended across the Daimler brand portfolio - including Freightliner, Mercedes-Benz and Daimler Corporate. Each site leverages the same underlying technology and smart components, reducing ongoing maintenance costs for the collective by as much as 75 percent.
The new group of websites have been a great success for Daimler, with significant improvements reported across all brands including:
- Vastly improved user engagement and feedback
- Increase to website performance and organic traffic
- Significant uplift in respect to the volume and quality of leads generated
- Up to 75 percent reduction in ongoing maintenance costs
Technology is changing rapidly in trucking and we’re introducing some very advanced product lines to the Australian market. We needed an agency that demonstrated the right capabilities and agility to elevate our overall digital experience. Luminary was the clear choice for the long road ahead of us – and Optimizely was a standout platform to support our future strategy.
Want more? Here are some other examples of our work that you might be interested in.