Front End Developer
If you're excited by things like React, SASS, ES6, Node and Webpack, this could be the job for you!
Do you love creating awesome digital experiences in the browser?
Luminary needs you! We're pretty busy over here so we need experienced (i.e. you know your stuff) Front End Developers.
We’re hoping you’re someone who’s excited by what you can build in the browser these days. A person whose comfortable working as part of a distributed development team. And someone who likes writing code that’s clean, concise, modular and reusable, using the latest FED tools and techniques. Someone that doesn’t blindly do tasks but works with their team to understand the why, while at the same time offering suggestions and improvements.
Luminary is a Digital Agency with 50+ passionate professionals that are committed to creating digital experiences that matter. Since 1999 we have been developing digital strategy, delivering websites and web applications for a broad range of clients, from large multinationals, to government departments and well-known Australian brands. We are proud of the work we produce and we're even prouder of our team.
Required Skills/Key Characteristics.
- Needs to be able to work as part of a distributed development team (Melbourne, Brisbane, and Bali) either independently or part of a larger team.
- Thinker, someone who looks past merely doing a task and ask WHY a task needs to be done, and offer suggestions on doing it differently or better.
- Experience with Sketch (or Photoshop will do)
- Ability to self-QA, testing their own code across browsers and devices and debugging as needed.
- Experience with Git (or other version control system)
- Handlebars or other HTML templating language experience.
- SASS or LESS skills
- React experience, or another front-end MVC framework (Angular, Vue.js etc)
- Experience working with a CMS. Bonus points for Kentico, Episerver or Sitecore. Wordpress will also do.
- Digital agency working experience.
- WCAG 2.0 A && AA accessibility knowledge
- Node.js knowledge.
We're not hiring right now
Unfortunately we don't currently have any openings for this position. But we're always looking for stars! Feel free to drop us a resume just in case something comes up.Get in touch