Front End Developer
Our Front End Developers are people who are excited by things like React, SASS, ES6, Node and Webpack.
Our Front End Developers love creating awesome digital experiences in the browser and writing code that’s clean, concise, modular and reusable, using the latest FED tools and techniques.
- Working closely with a distributed project team
- Communicating with other devs, producers, designers and clients
- Self-organising daily tasks in Jira, making sure descriptions and acceptance criteria are filled out properly
- Working in a variety of repos and codebases, including traditional CMSs, Jamstack and inherited third party code bases
- Reviewing other developers' code
- Reviewing designs, code peer reviews
- Writing documentation of features for future maintenance.
Essential skills & experience
- Ability to write clean, concise, modular and reusable code, be it HTML, CSS, JS
- Ability to self-QA, testing code across browsers and devices and debugging as needed
- Experience with Git (or other version control system)
- Experience with Sketch and/or Photoshop
- Digital agency experience
- Handlebars or other HTML templating language experience
- SASS or LESS skills
- React experience, or another front-end MVC framework (Angular, Vue.js etc)
- Experience working with a CMS (bonus points for Kentico, Episerver or Sitecore)
- WCAG 2.0 A && AA accessibility knowledge
- Node.js knowledge
- A propensity to look past merely doing a task and ask why it needs to be done, offering suggestions on doing it differently or better