Front End Developer
Our Front End Developers are people who are excited by things like React, SASS, ES6, Node and Webpack.
Our Front End Developers make digital bright and the human experience brighter. What does that mean? It means creating experiences that delight, excite and inspire.
Essential skills & experience
- Ability to work as part of a distributed development team
- Self-starter. Needs to be able to help set own agenda
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable interacting with developers, producers, or even clients
- Ability to ask why. Look past merely doing and asking why a task needs to be done, while offering suggestions and improvements.
- React experience or another front-end MVC framework (Angular, Vue.js etc)
- Experience with Figma (Sketch / Zeplin / Photoshop will do)
- Ability to self-QA, testing their own code across browsers and devices and debugging as needed
- Experience with Git (or other version control system)
- JAMstack experience, particularly Gatsby or Next.JS
- Knowledge of, or interest in, design. E.g. knows of, or has used, Tailwind CSS or equivalent
- Handlebars or other HTML templating language experience
- SASS or LESS skills
- Experience writing documentation.
- Experience working with a CMS. Kentico, Episerver, Umbraco, Sitecore, or Wordpress
- Digital agency working experience
- Node.js knowledge
- WCAG 2.0 accessibility knowledge
- Netlify, or other CI/CD service, knowledge or experience
- Working closely with a distributed project team
- Communicating with other devs, producers, designers and clients
- Writing clean, concise, modular and reusable code be it HTML, CSS, JS
- Self-organising daily tasks in Jira, making sure descriptions and acceptance criteria are filled out properly
- Working in a variety of repos and codebases, including traditional CMSs, Jamstack and inherited third party code bases
- Self-testing and QA of own work
- Writing documentation of features for future maintenance
- Managing project CI infrastructure