Our team of Digital UI/UX Designers is responsible for creating beautiful, user friendly experiences for our clients.
Are you committed to designing digital experiences that are user-centric and meet the objectives of the end client, someone who is smart, enjoys a fun environment and loves the web?
A Senior UXD at Luminary is responsible for the delivery of industry leading user experience practices. Reporting to the UX Director, this is a highly collaborative and team-oriented role with the aim of elevating the quality and role of human centred design, research and user experience in the agency. In addition, a Senior UXD is expected to help build and grow awareness of Luminary by extending the quality and offering of Luminary's UX services.
Scope of the role
The User Experience function serves to develop strategic and human centred solutions for our clients. The key responsibilities outlined below are not intended to be exhaustive, but rather indicative of the type and range of activities expected within this role.
Doing the work
Produce and deliver exceptional quality strategic and user experience design solutions as briefed by clients, producers, account managers and management. This includes leading and facilitating:
- Wireframing & prototyping
- Workshop facilitation & design thinking (Desirable)
- Qualitative user research (Desirable)
- Converting customer insight into design opportunities
- Concept & Usability testing
- Persona development and customer journey mapping
- Information architecture (Cardsorting & Testing)
- Produce quality work that creates opportunity for new clients
- Produce work that is recognised by our peers as of the highest quality (e.g. awards, positive feedback, designers wanting to work with us, etc.)
- Produce work that defines best practice in our industry
- Produce advice and work that can be effectively and efficiently implemented
Leading the work
Develop strong working relationships with clients, that are proactive and contribute to a culture of innovation and excellence
Improving the work
Work with all teams to develop integrated solutions and improve/expand the services Luminary provides to clients
Essential skills & experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Workshop facilitation experience
- At least 3-5 years experience in user experience design roles
- Experience working within cross-functional teams
- The ability to remain calm under pressure, and maintain a positive attitude
- Previous exposure to agile and waterfall delivery models
- An ability to work autonomously and take responsibility
- Familiarity with Axure, and other wireframing/prototyping tools
Handy skills & experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- A track record of producing effective and attractive digital solutions within a timeframe
- A real passion for UX, design and digital
- The grit and reliability to see through a creative vision to its conclusion
- Attention to detail
- Confidence to present to stakeholders and clients
- Ability to collaborate efficiently with designers, production managers and developers
- Willingness to support, take direction, and deliver
The Senior UXD will be based in Melbourne and is expected to travel to other Luminary offices and client offices.